Galations 2:20-21

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galations 2:20-21

Friday, September 25, 2009

Kitchen Floor Update

This is the black stuff that covered the entire floor
(also seen in previous post)

So, our floor guy came on Monday to see if he can save the hardwood. There was a layer of black stuff and adhesive from the tile that he wouldn't be able to remove. It would gum up on ruin his sander. His advice was to just tile or put new hardwood over the old stuff. So, that night we went to the local big box store and purchase all the materials to tile. The next day we decided we wanted to see what it would actually take to remove the " black tar looking stuff" from the floor. I did a little internet research and it turns out that with a little Murphy's Oil and some elbow grease it wasn't the worst job in the world to remove it. It did take me about two days total to remove it and clean up the glue, but I did it! Byron was gracious enough to spend several hours pulling out a long line of staples we discovered. We called our floor guy and he's coming out tomorrow morning to take a look at it again. I just hope all that work was worth it! If he's able to save it we will actually be saving $300 by not having to tile it. Which is about 40% savings for us!

Oh, and I just got an e-coupon from Sherwin Williams for 25% off all of there low-VOC paints. BONUS. Our kitchen definitely needs a new paint job after all of this. By this time next week our kitchen is going to look fantastic! Riiight??

Now, just pray this baby hangs on for a couple more weeks so I can finish my project :)

After all the scraping and cleaning!





1 comment:

Rachael said...

Your kitchen will look so nice when it's all done!