Galations 2:20-21

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galations 2:20-21

Monday, September 21, 2009

House Projects



Byron and Dad working hard


The garage is coming along. Much thanks to my dad for all of his help! Byron's father has also been helping with the electrical work (thanks!).

Destroyed Kitchen Floor


So yesterday I got a strange compulsion to rip up the kitchen floor. I HATE our floor with a passion. It's a floor made up of those cheap stick-on vinyl tiles. Many of them were pealing off and on hot humid days the pieces of tile would actually stick to your feet. Horrible. So, I decided it was time! While B and his dad were working on the electric for the garage I got out the shovel and started tearing up the floor. I guess I was a little loud in there...Byron was a little shocked when he came inside to see what is VERY pregnant wife was doing...We ended up finding three layers of tile. Two vinyl tile layers and one layer of linoleum. Not so terrible to rip out. We did find something we were not expecting, though-hardwood flooring! We were just going to re-tile the floor, but I called our floor guy and he's coming to do an estimate on the refinishing process. Yay! Oh, and I can't take all the credit. My wonderful hubby pulled up half of the old flooring for me when he was done with his project :)

My only fear is that it won't get all done before the baby comes. Not because 3-5 weeks isn't enough time, but because I'm afraid our little one will be coming earlier than that! I heard that when pregnant women start "scrubbing behind the stove" to beware because it may mean baby will be coming soon. 37 weeks is full-term...oh Little One, hang on a little longer!

No comments: