Galations 2:20-21

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galations 2:20-21

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Getting Closer

B and I went to our orientation/tour of the hospital/alternative birth rooms last night. I was actually kind of worried that I would be disappointed. It ended up that we both felt really good and at peace about where we are going to be giving birth to our baby. This is actually the only hospital in the area that lets you wear your own clothes during labor and keeps your baby with you instead of bring them to the nursery unless it is requested. There was actually only one baby in the nursery when we walked by. All of our questions were answered and we really feel like this is the best place we could have picked to have our baby.




Things are all starting to fall in place. At 36 weeks I'm feeling a little more anxious to see what our little one looks like. I went to see my midwife today and things are all looking good. 130 HR, 35cm, Blood pressure 112/72, IRON LEVELS ARE UP, baby is head down and still very active. Sometimes I wonder if this baby every sleeps! But everything looks good. Next week we get to go through our birth plan with the midwife. The end (or should I say beginning) is in site. It's kind of scary and exciting at the same time.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

What a nice birthing suite! I'm so glad that you felt such peace and confirmation about where you're birthing. How is the drive there?

That queen sized bed looks great for sleeping in afterward too. I like the jacuzzi too. Do they have a birthing ball there? With Sherman I had to bring my own and sign a liability waiver for it - crazy.

I can't believe that in less than 6 weeks your baby will be here!!!

Racquel said...

Yeah, they do have a birthing ball (actually, they have several different sized ones they keep on hand for you). They also have this nice squatting stool, so you don't have to hold yourself up. Pretty nice :). Can't believe they made you sign a waiver for using the ball!

Leanne said...

Brad and I went to a dinner party Saturday night with some Judson architecture buddies. Joe and Amy recently had a little baby, Jude. Amy actually delivered him at the very same place! They both had wonderful things to say about the staff and the facility. Amy even gave me a doctor's referral. I was looking to switch docs anyways.

It looks like a nice and spacious birthing room. I'm glad you both felt at ease after your tour.