Galations 2:20-21

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galations 2:20-21

Monday, April 13, 2009

Resurrection Day


Easter has always been my most favorite holiday of them all. Of course, I have the more superficial reasons, like the warming spring weather (57 yesterday!), the spring dresses (I love wearing skirts when I can), the Easter baskets in the morning when I was a child. Oh, how I really do miss those!

Those things aside, Easter is when we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. Friday evening we attended the Good Friday service at our church to remember and reflect on Christ's sacrifice on the cross for our sins. Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." John 2:19 Sunday we celebrated Jesus' raising up from the dead.

Jesus, thank you for suffering for me, for my sins. Thank you for sacrificing your life for the sake of my life.

No comments: