Galations 2:20-21

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galations 2:20-21

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Maundy Thursday


Monday Thursday, Maundy Thursday? What does this word "Maundy" mean? The word "Maundy" comes form the Latin word 'command'. This refers to the command that Jesus gave his disciples during the Passover meal (The Last Supper) in John 13:3-17 to love and serve one another. Jesus demonstrated this by washing the disciples' feet. Not only do we observe this day for this command, but this is also the day Jesus instituted 'The Lord's Supper" or "Communion."

May we all remember the example of humility Jesus gave us and try to live our lives as He did even during His last days on earth.

No comments: