Galations 2:20-21

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galations 2:20-21

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Road Trip

.

On our way to Vermont we decided to take a detour to a place I've never been before, Niagra Falls. We were only able to go on the U.S. side since I do not have a passport yet. It was still beautiful regardless.

The cool thing was that we ended up getting there after business hours, so everything was free. Parking, the walk-out-free! Obviously the boat rides and other stuff were closed, but wouldn't have don't that anyway. So, we enjoyed our spontaneous adventure.

The Falls were so massive and beautiful....God never ceases to amaze me with how great He is through His creation...



When we got into Vermont Byron saw something peaking through the trees that we just got to check out.

It was an obelisk. This monument was built in memory of the Battle of Bennington. The view from the top was gorgeous.
















Inside of the Obelisk were the old plans for the monument.















We found that once we got into PA and NY there were vineyards everywhere just as there are cornfields out here. We stopped to get some gas and when we got out of the car the smell of the air was sweet and smelled like grape juice! On the way home we ended up stopping at a winery and purchased some wine for Byron's mother's birthday gift.






1 comment:

Leanne said...

Niagara Falls for free. Sweet! That obelisk looks interesting.

Were you around Pennsylvania's Lake Erie Wine Country? My good friend Alyssa and her husband Pete went to a wedding this summer in PA. Pete's college buddy/ "the groom" co-owns and co-runs his family's wineries throughout PA and NY. It is called Mazza Vineyards. Alyssa also commented about all the vineyards! And the smells!