Galations 2:20-21

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galations 2:20-21

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Healthy Vegetarian Burritos

.
Today I was feeling pretty good, so I decided to cook one of our favorite meals. I love this one because it's super easy and I feel like I ate something really healthy and I am full and satisfied in the end. Yuuuum...

Healthy Vegetarian Burritos

Flour burrito shells
2 cups Brown Rice
1 to 1 1/2 cups black beans
1 cup sweet corn
1 cup shredded lettuce
1/2 cup of grated colby jack or cheddar cheese
Your favorite salsa
1 avocado, pealed and sliced
salt and pepper to taste

Cook the rice, beans and corn. Mix together. Meanwhile warm tortillas in the oven. On the warm tortilla put desired amount of rice mixture, lettuce, cheese, avocado, and salsa. Wrap up burrito-style and enjoy!

This recipe is also easy to double! Byron loves leftover vegetarian burrito in his lunch :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That recipe sounds really good - I'm going to bookmark it. I don't think I cooked at all when I was pregnant with David (blush) - we lived off of Trader Joe's. This time i'm doing a lot better with cooking more.

Racquel said...

This pregnancy is actually making it pretty hard to cook for me too! I really have to push myself...or have Byron do it ;)