Galations 2:20-21

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galations 2:20-21

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Getting Ready




Byron and I will be leaving for our 5 day hike on the Appalachian Trail in Vermont in 2 weeks! This weekend we worked on our sleep system for our hammock (our tent). Byron's grandmother is helping us make a down quilt to sleep with and an undercover for the hammock to keep us warm. I would like to say that I helped more with the project, but I mostly napped on the couch and helped stuff the quilt with down. This lil' baby is taking everything I've got.






Our Hennessy Hammock.
This is a "tent-hammock" instead of using a ground tent. It's great for the environment and also makes it easy to find a place to camp in the woods. Never a shortage of trees! We purchased the Safari Deluxe model. It is largest and only model made for two people. It sure is cozy!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That tent hammock is so cool!!! When I was in Mexico they slept in hammocks and if they were married slept two to a hammock (sometimes three with a baby) and I totally wanted one, it was so comfy.

Racquel said...

They are so comfy! Byron and I were thinking if we get one of the wraps for the baby we can make a mini hammock inside of our hammock...eh, but we'll see about that. If you and Nick ever decide you want to go camping you can totally borrow it.

Leanne said...

I hope you have a fun trip to Vermont! Though how are you going to hike 5 days if you're super tired? Perhaps that fresh air and beautiful scenery will distract your desire to nap. Those Hennessy Hammocks look pretty clever.