Galations 2:20-21

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galations 2:20-21

Friday, August 12, 2011

Potty Training my 21 Month Old: Week 2

All I can really say is that God has been sooo good! Gideon amazes me more and more each day. He is still in his cloth training pants. I purchased those Gerber ones that are just like underwear, but have just a little more absorbancy. They seem to work great. He still feels it if he has an accident, but it doesn't make as big of a mess. He still has accidents here and there, but he goes days without having one at all. The accidents he does have seem to be "half accidents" and always finishes on the potty. I give him pants free time in the morning and then the "undies" go on for the day. He just tells me when he has to go and I help him pull down his pants. Even at the store. He hasn't had a single accident while we have been out running errands. Even if we are at the opposite end of the in the morning and then the "undies" go on for the day. He just tells me when he has to go and I help hie store he can hold it all the way until we get to the bathroom. For whatever reason he seems to have more accidents if we are away from home and at someone elses house. Not sure if he just gets distracted with playing or what it is, but I am hopeful he will get there. I would much rather help him pull down his pants everytime he has to go rather than fighting a 25 lb kid to change his diaper.

Yesterday was an impressive day, except for the morning at my mom's house. We started the morning at my mom's house playing outside with sidewalk chalk and in the playhouse. He had two "half accidents" while we were there. Then we went to Target and to the mall for shopping and lunch. The kid was great while we were there. Not a single accident and told me when he had to go while we were at the mall. We weren't close to a bathroom, but he held it all the way until we could there. A good 2 minutes or so probably. After that we headed to my doctors appointment that was an hour way. This was the longest trip since we started training him, so I put him in a cloth diaper since he tends to fall alseep in the car on longer trips. He did fall asleep, but never wet his diaper. He went on the potty at the doctors office and made it all the way home without wetting his diaper. No accidents for the rest of the day. Woke up in the middle of the night to go potty. Woke up in the morning and went potty with the tiniest bit of wetness in his diaper. Pretty impressive day!

We decided we could roll out the area rug again :)

This will probably be my last potty training post for a while. I feel like we are at a good place right now and progress is continuing. I guess the next step is for him to have a good week without accidents and then we can skip the trainers.

Thanks to all have prayed for us and I still give so much thanks to our good God who is giving my little boy the heart and will to learn.

No comments: