Galations 2:20-21

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galations 2:20-21

Friday, November 5, 2010

Our Journey to Raw and Living Foods

My husband I recently watched the movie, Food Matters via our Netflix instant download a month or so ago. It inspired us to do some more research and start making some changes in our lives.



Among those changes are adding more supplaments (specifically vitamin C, D, and some probiotics) and eating more RAW food. Yes, raw as in uncooked foods. Among the usual salads and eating more veggies and fruits for snacks, we are incorporating greens smoothies and other creative meals. My dehydrator has been running a lot lately...

Here was last night's meal:

Vegetable Semosas. Mine don't look half as good as these. These are completely raw because the wraps are made of mostly zuchinni and spices and cooked in the dehydrator at a low temperature which does not kill any of the enzymes. Byron thought these were great.

(Homemade cucumber and homemade chipotle dip)

Green Smoothy that is not pictured, but tasted delicious.

Dessert was Banana Nut "cookie balls." These were made with ground up walnuts and homemade dehydrated banana chips as the main ingredients.



My little cutie pie enjoying his dessert

Yuumm...

No comments: