Galations 2:20-21

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galations 2:20-21

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our life these days

This weeks marks our 20th week in the pregnancy! I'm just loving being pregnant right now. This second trimester has been soooo much better than the first. I'm still feeling quite pregnant, though.

Not-so fun things: ~I do have occasional pelvic bone pressure (which can be so bad I can hardly walk) if I have a really active day or I'm walking for a long period of time with no rest (i.e. running errands) this tends to happen. ~A couple of my sisters and I went to Old Navy for their $1 flip-flop sale over the weekend. We were waiting for 2 hours in a line that wrapped all around the store! I almost made it to check-out before I had to run outside and "empty my stomach." ~One thing that has been a struggle for me is the ever "expanding belly." I love looking pregnant, but I HATE figuring out what to wear. I'm very uncomfortable in maternity pants and most of my regular t-shirts and tanks don't fit me anymore. My aunt gave me bags of maternity clothes (which I've been so blessed with), but half of them are pants and long sleeves and it's getting warmer these days. I've been working on getting a few of my own maternity clothes here and there. While my sisters and I were at Old Navy I purchased two maternity dresses along with the flip-flops. One was on sale for only $9.99. I have a feeling I'm going to spend most of these summer months in skirts and dresses.


Fun things:
Byron is getting his lunches made by me and his homemade meals again. I've even been able to start cooking more meat and my pasta sauce! ~The baby has been very active these past couple weeks. Some days I think he/she's doing gymnastics in there. I've also been able to see my belly move during kicking-weird. ~Oh, and the best part is that Byron has been able to feel the kicking-finally! ~Next week is our 21 week ultrasound. Can't wait! No, we aren't finding out the gender. I like the mystery. It's fun looking at boy and girl clothes and just wondering.

Byron has been working on the garage project. Tearing it down and rebuilding it, that is.
My father and his brother helped in the "destruction" of the old one. Now it's time to build a new one! I'm just praying it's completed by the time the baby comes :)

Please pray we rent out our apartment soon. It's been vacant for one month now. We have had a little interest. I actually showed it today to a really nice girl around my age. She seemed to like it...we'll see.

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Wow, 20 weeks already...

2 hours in line?? No thank you!

Skirts and dresses will be pretty comfy...

I'm a planner. I think not knowing boy vs. girl would be a difficult wait for me- ha!

Good luck on the garage project! {Byron}

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the pubic symbiolis (it's called something like that - right?) That stinks.

I can't believe the line was 2 hours long! Thank you so much for buying me the flip flops so I didn't have to stand in it. Do you ever find it sort of awkward to see each other in person since so much of our friendship is online? I sometimes feel like I don't know what to talk about.

I've got a few maternity dresses and tshirts (many old navy!) that you're welcome to look through and borrow. I also wanted to mention that I have a few 'after the baby is born before your regular clothes fit again' clothes that are good for fall/winter (since I wore them winter/spring). Size large shirts and such and a pair of khakis that are too long on me (i had to cuff them) so they should fit you. Let me know if you want them when the time comes - I always hated the transitional months after a baby is born when nothing fits.

What style of belly panel are you trying with the maternity pants? I could only ever wear under-the-belly pants and shorts (and I have an awesome pair of Gap maternity shorts with an underbelly panel if you want to borrow them).

I am soooooo excited for your ultrasound coming up b/c it is so cool to see all the baby's anatomy. The spine was my favorite part. Yeah for not finding out what the baby is either - the mystery of people guessing right up until the end is so cool. Will your midwife let Byron check for and announce the sex when he/she is born? I'm totally pulling for a boy for you by the way.

I hope your apartment rents soon - I'll pray for you guys about that. By the way, were you interested in the summer mom's bible study I'm helping lead? It's relevant for mom's-to-be too.

Anonymous said...

Just re-read my comment and it totally sounds like I'm pushing my maternity/post-partum clothes on you and I didn't mean to at all. I sometimes get over-zealous with stuff...

Racquel said...

Rachael, you are so funny. I didn't think you were being pushy about the clothes. I actually really appreciate it. I'll let you know when the time comes :). Most of the pants my aunt has are the full panel/high rise kind. She has only a couple of the "underbelly" ones. They are actually the most comfortable.

We just can't wait for the ultrasound. Byron is so funny. When he feels the baby kicking and it stops he jiggles my belly in hopes for it to kick again. We haven't talked about Byron announcing the gender, but that's definitely something I'll talk to my midwife about. I'll be posting about the ultrasound.

Did Lorielle get your flip-flops to you on Sunday? We were out of town that day. I do find it's a little strange when we see each other in person. I want to work on that though!

I saw about the Summer Mom's group in the church buliton. I'd like to do it, but it will depend on if we have our second vehicle by then.