Galations 2:20-21

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galations 2:20-21

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Nesting Phase


My husband has declared that I am going through my nesting phase in this pregnancy. I thought maybe it was too early, but after my readings I found it usually starts to happen at around month 5. I'm on week 15. Boy, have these past few weeks gone by fast.

Just the beginning:
We are a one-car family in the suburbs, so I don't do a lot of shopping during the day. My parents went on a local getaway for a couple days, so I was able to use my mom's car yesterday. I guess you can say I took advantage of it. I started my adventure by going to the local paint store to get some Low VOC paint for our apartment upstairs. New tenant moves in May 1st. I then went Target and finally found a TV stand on clearance for the 42'' TV my husband won from a raffle a couple months ago. I also purchased new bedding for our bed. We moved into the bigger bedroom earlier this year. It has this blue carpet that just wasn't working with our old bedding. I then proceeded to do some major grocery shopping. I'm getting in the mood to cook again, so life is getting more normal for the hubby.My Little Setback:
After dinner, I was determined to put the TV stand together myself. Uuummm yeah, the instructions were ridiculous and I just couldn't figure them out...or maybe I'm just stupid :) It didn't take long for me to call for help. So, Byron and I did it "together." He may or may not have done most of the work.
Let the Craziness Begin:
Since we have this new big TV in our living room, we had to do a little furniture re-arranging. Moving the old TV and desk out of that room. We decided to put the desk in our bedroom, so we had to move the bookshelf out of our room, move the dressers around in our room (those things are HEAVY), move over the bed, and then we were able to bring in the desk. Oh, and when I say "we" I mean my wonderful husband moved all that furniture around.

I guess I can see why Byron is convinced I'm going through my nesting phase. Especially since after ALL THAT I was telling him how I'd really like to start re-organizing the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen and then cleaning out our "utility" closet. Ha. Well...that will all have to wait. Today I paint!

No comments: