Galations 2:20-21

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galations 2:20-21

Friday, April 24, 2009

Important Things


I really do hate politics. I'm not really a fan of talking about politics all the time, however I do believe there are very important issues that need to be discussed. The issue of abortion is one of these. Liberals and Conservatives have been debating and fighting this issue for years, but for me this isn't just some "political issue." This is life and death.

I'm not going to go into all the medical technicalities of what they consider to be person and all of that. There are some things that are just common sense that we can talk about plainly.

My husband and I are pregnant with our second child. We had a miscarriage back in October of '08. We lost the baby at 10 weeks (6 weeks in size) and it was a devastating loss for us. That baby was our baby at the point of conception until it left us. My body was going through many changes with the morning sickness, swollen breasts, increased trips to the bathroom, bloated tummy. I was pregnant. There was a baby growing inside of me! I believe I will meet that little one someday after this life. Even though we didn't choose to have our baby taken away, I just can't comprehend how someone could. And now, the good Lord has blessed us with another pregnancy and being almost 16 weeks into it really makes me think about these things. Being pregnant is one (if not the only one) of the most amazing experiences in my life and I believe most women would agree. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I believe most abortions are done out of plain old selfishness. Yes, it is scary and maybe not always so convenient, but is that really reason enough to take a life? You know, what's really funny to me is that the same people who are "pro-choice" are the same people who are "anti-gun"......hhhhmmmm

I mean if you really think about it, people don't ask a women who is expecting how their fetus is doing, they ask her how her BABY is doing.

The video I posted above (thanks mom) is devastating to me. My heart just breaks for those little ones. They need a voice. We need to be their voice for them. When is this debate going to stop being about Life and Choice and start being about Life and Death?

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made . . . your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be" (Ps 139: 13-16)

No comments: