Galations 2:20-21

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galations 2:20-21

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Change We Need?



Hmmm.....$800 billion??? My husband and I watched President Obama's first press conference last night with my parents. It was very stimulating. As my father fell asleep half way through, the three of us tried to stay attentive for the rest of the hour. It was interesting how he tried skirting around every question he was asked. Aside from it being extremely boring there are a few other thoughts I had...

"It is only government that can break the vicious cycle...the federal government is the only entity left with the resources to jolt our economy back to life." These words actually scared me. Wasn't it the government that got us into this crisis in the first place? He was blaming it on the banks, but wasn't it the government who forced the banks to make those loans? The "government" got us into this mess!

"Most economists, almost unanimously, recognize that even if philosophically you're -- you're wary of government intervening in the economy, when you have the kind of problem we have right now...that when you have that situation, that government is an important element of introducing some additional demand into the economy." Most economists, huh? I don't think so. Click here to open a PDF with signatures of economists disagreeing with Obama's stimulus plan.

Obama talked about creating jobs.
Government CAN'T create jobs. Read this article by John Stossel on this issue.

"I inherited the deficit that we have right now and the economic crisis that we have right now." Ha! I knew it wouldn't be too long before he pulled this card on us. Of course, he inherited a bunch of debt. So, what are you going to do about it? Put us in nearly $1 trillion more debt! Yeah, that's logical. The truth of the matter is, the federal government doesn't have any money to spend! I guess it's easier to spend money when it's not yours. I fear for our children and grandchildren.

Yes, I'm one of those people who think that we should do nothing. It will work itself out on it's own. It's unfortunate that our president won't talk about that option. I wonder if he knows that it's actually government intervention that prolonged the Great Depression. Roosevelt's New Deal prolonged the Great Depression by seven years.

So, what do you think? You think Obama's "deal" will save us from this economic crisis? You think the government spending billions of dollars of OUR money will solve the problem? The last bailout didn't work. You think this one will? This doesn't seem a whole lot like the "change" we were promised. It seems a whole lot like more of the same.

Got hope? Yes, I have hope in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is the only one I put my hope in. Not in the government.
NOT in Barak Obama.


“The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’” Ronald Reagan

No comments: