Galations 2:20-21

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galations 2:20-21

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Good Friends


Friday night Byron helped out with the youth group's outreach concert by doing "security" with some of the other men from our church. I thought of this as a great opportunity to hang out with one of my favorite people in the whole wide world.

Julianne and I have been friends ever since her father began pastoring Fox Valley Church about 13 or so years ago. Even though our lives have taken us in different directions (and we never got to rent an apartment together and make batches of cookie dough to eat right out of the bowl), we still have managed to keep our friendship going throughout the years. No matter how long it's been since we've seen each other...or how much has changed, it seems like we are still the two girls playing in her crawl space having secret meetings of our Lisa Frank club.

It was so wonderful to chat it up about boys (Byron and Calvin, of course), work, life, and even reminisce about the past. We also rented a chick flick, P.S. I Love You. Surprisingly, she didn't fall asleep this time (a common thing that would happen at childhood sleepovers). Sorry Michele...neither of us recommend the movie, but we had a great time anyway ;).

Even though the 'best friend' title now goes to my loving husband, Julianne will always be my 'best girlfriend' ;). So, here's to good friends....I love you, Jul!

.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Roc, now the world wide web now knows that apparently I have poor taste in movies, and better yet a lack of discernment in my referrals :) See ya Wed. I'm looking forward to it.

-Mish

Racquel said...

Oh, I think "lack of discernment" is a little extreme. I thought you would be flattered that I mentioned you on my blog ;) haha..love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm your #1 Fan

-your secret admirer
named Lorielle

Racquel said...

Haha...Lor...you're nuts