Galations 2:20-21

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galations 2:20-21

Saturday, October 11, 2008

In the Lord's Hands

.The name of my blog really rings true for Byron and I this week....
Byron and I had to go the doctor Wednesday. At my first appointment my doc said I wouldn't have an ultrasound until my 20th week, but Wednesday was an exception. We had a little scare when I woke up with some spotting. So they had us come in for an ultrasound to check everything out. Unfortunately, the ultrasound did not look good....we found out that the baby was only 6 weeks in size and it should have been at 10 weeks and that it was making it’s way down the uterus. They also did not find a heartbeat. In just a moment...our joy turned to sadness....

Not only is this a very hard time emotionally, but the physical pain is almost more than I can handle....

This is a very sad time for us, but we wanted everyone to know. We felt that announcing it in this way would help with the healing process. As Byron has reminded me many times....we have to trust that our Lord is in control of all of this. His ways are not our ways. This is His will and we have to find comfort in knowing He does everything for the good of those who love Him. We are holding ever so closely to Him during this time.

We thank all of our family and friends that are already praying for us and surrounding us with their love.

All that we ask is that you all continue to keep us in your prayers....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry Racquel :(. That just is so hard and sad. I hope that the physical pain is over quickly and that you feel God's spirit comforting you as you grieve. (((((((hugs)))))))

Leanne said...

I'm very sorry for your loss.

This post must have been very hard for you to write. I know this is a very difficult time for you- physically, mentally and emotionally. I pray that your physical pain is over quickly.

With sympathy and prayers...

Alisa said...

We're so sorry Racquel and Byron. We are thinking of you and praying for the both of you.

With love...

Racquel said...

Thanks for all the prayers...the Lord is definitely the one getting us through this time...